It is currently Wed Oct 22, 2014 3:56 am

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: DNX6160
PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 12:11 am 

Just got a DNX6160 installed and I can not change the bacground. The USB JPEG is recognized when i select the USB source so I know it is fine. The MICRO SD slot I am reading is only used for updating my navigation system.
So when I touch the wrench Icon and go to DISPLAY the only highlighted areas is the Background with default, and user backgroup... the Change, Delete or Memory windows do not get highlighted. So this tells me that my USB input si not being recognized. Yet when I go via the SCR route and select the USB source, the pictures are displayed on the screen.
How do I get his image on to my background. The manual leaves a lot to be desired.

Any ideas?????????? thanks.....

Post subject: Re: DNX6160
PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 12:21 am 
Site Moderator

Put the unit in STANDBY mode.

I'm a Mac, you're a PC!!! 8-)

Post subject: Re: DNX6160
PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 4:33 pm 

Hey, i was confused about this issue as well...

One thing i realized you have to do when updating the background is make sure you delete the custom one thats already there if it exists. Then you should be able to rewrite one onto your unit fine. There is some more info about this on the forum that i've found... I saved all the info i've already learnt to file and will past it below... Might be worth trying once or twice.

Screen Dimensions
800 Horizontal 480 Vertical X RBG(3) = 1, 152, 000 pixels

Startup Screen
To change the Start-up/Boot Screen on the Kenwood DNX 6160 you have to press hold the SRC + Eject buttons and press Reset key. Release the SRC + Eject buttons once you see the light turns on. You get 2 options -> Kenwwood Image / OEM Image. Choose OEM Image and choose USB and download the image you want. Press the Reset button and you should be done. I used jpeg with a native picture resolution of 800 X 480.

Background Screen
To change the background you need to press hold the FNC+Eject buttons and press Reset key. Press Direct button go to and press the wrench key button at the top right corner of the screen. Choose Display --> choose Background --> USB --> Download image. Reset and are done. Note: you must delete your previous user background before you can upload another.

USB functionality
File system of USB device must be Fat16/Fat32... it cannot be NTFS or exFat.

Picture & Video Files
Pictures file formats: .jpg/.jpeg
Video file formats: MPEG1/MPEG2 .mpg, .mpeg, .m1v, .m2v, .avi

Scott

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ]